Friday, June 5, 2009

What is it about summer vacation...

What is it about summer vacation that takes me back to childhood? Is it the mornings of sleeping in? Staying up late watching B movies? (Like Purple Rain) Eating PB&J sandwiches? I don't know but it is making me nostalgic for those '80's. Crazy like watching the smurfs. I have the urge to have an '80's sleep over to celebrate. I have fought and fought going back to that time. Every time an '80's song comes on the radio I yell for the station to be changed because I just didn't want to go back there. Why is it now that I don't mind revisiting it? Oh the memories are sometimes sweet but also painful. The awkwardness and embarrassment is mostly what comes to mind. I try to laugh but at the same time begin to cry.

3 comments:

Nana said...

If only i could have 24 hrs with my children at the time. Yes that would be my wish, one of those days we were up at the lake.

L+L={E,E2,C} said...

I know exactly what you mean...to know that tomorrow and the next day and the day after are completely your own. Your plans reign supreme and the only thing you have to worry about is what to ask mom to add to the grocery list so you'll have snacks during the day...of course, trying that now would render me completely bored...but hey, I would so come to an old fashioned sleep over ;)

Ariyanna Moon said...

Perhaps later this summer...